chaguaramas, trinidad & tobago, west-indies.
The T&T Shipbuilding & Repair Maritime Cluster and its commercial entity, the Shipbuilding & Repair Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (SRDC) are the main organizations for the promotion and development of the Shipbuilding & Repair sector in Trinidad and Tobago. This includes the establishment of new shipyards and the expansion of existing facilities. Due to the nature of the industry, our various activities extend locally and globally.
The marketing & development of our industry is continually being undertaken in several ways, with the assistance by both the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT) and our 60-Stakeholders (Local and Global) and includes:
1. One-on-One meetings with local and international representatives from leading companies wanting to learn more, engage and/or participate in our domestic maritime sector;
2. Shipbuilding & Repair Cluster meetings are usually held at the Ministry of Trade & Industry Head Office, located in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. Alternatively, these informative meetings are sometimes accommodated off-site.
3. Lobbying Government Ministers, Members of Parliament and Senators, together with senior officials and maritime-related personnel attached to various State Agencies in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago;
4. Signing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and/or Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with local and international organizations, companies and leading tertiary learning institutions. For example, Europe Technologies and UWI-Arthur Lok Jack GSB;
5. Various articles authored and published in leading journals. For example, Maritime Reporter & Engineering News, International Tug & OSV, LNG World Shipping, Caribbean Maritime (Official Journal of the Caribbean Shipping Association), Contact Magazine (Trinidad & Tobago Chamber of Industry & Commerce) and LINKAGE Magazine (American Chamber of Commerce Trinidad and Tobago).
Amcham Trinidad & Tobago LINKAGE magazine
(CLICK to read article titled 'UPDATE ON THE T&T MARITIME SECTOR.'
In-house publishing and distribution of our very own Shipbuilding and Repair industry publications and magazines, including the 'TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SHIPBUILDER & REPAIR NEWS' and 'T&T SHIPBUILDING & REPAIR MARITIME CLUSTER QUARTERLY NEWS.'
To read some of our featured articles, please visit our publication archives, available 24/7 by clicking Here.
6. Mentoring young adults and students to help encourage and guide them to become an active part of our maritime industry. This includes arranging visits to stakeholder shipyards and ports;
7. Shipbuilding & Repair presentations to individuals, companies, learning institutions, together with Radio and Television interviews;
8. Maritime Trade-show Pavilions & In-water Ship Displays locally and abroad;
9. Sponsorship of various Non-Governmental Organizations and community-based events related to the maritime industry, including those which seek to promote and maintain a healthy and sustainable environment. For example, Green Screen - The Environmental Film Festival 2016 and the La Brea General Council;
Above: In-water Ship display at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad held at the port of Port of Spain.
Above: Deputy Leader/SRDC Chairman being interviewed on 'One-on-One' TV Programme.
Above: Outdoor 4-sided banner advertising the Shipbuilding & Repair Development Company
Above: The SRDC is proud to sponsor Green Screen - The Environmental Film Festival 2016.